Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Easy Option for Tom's Bulge Mod

I was messing around with Tom's excellent Bulge Mod today and found an easy option for it that anyone can do. Currently Tom's snow gets more sparse as the elevation drops. I wanted to see what it would look like with the opposite effect. I wanted to see heavier snow in the hollows with lighter snow up on the hills for a wind-swept look.

I simply renamed the files to reverse the order (bmps 1470-1489) changing 1470.bmp to 1489.bmp, 1471.bmp to 1488.bmp, etc. This reverses the order giving the effect I was after without editing the bmps. The result was just what I was hoping for.

From there it was simple enough to make both versions and whip up a CMMOS rule to let me switch between them.

Give it a try!

Mike

Gentlemen,

VERY GOOD IDEA ! I´ll include a batch file to the BoB zip that will rename the files automatically.

Cheers

Tom

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Yeah, I did this when I first got the mod. At least where I live the snow is deeper in lower elevations because it gets blown off the tops of the high stuff. The reverse order always looked odd to me.

I guess I was late in getting around to d/l and using the Bulge mod but I did last week and have to say that it is fantastic! I mean it really really makes the battle field look real. I am so pleased with it and the options I just had to mention it here. I really didn;t think it would make that much difference but boy does it. Outstanding job to everybody involved in it and thanks to each and everyone of you. Just superb!

• 5 months later...

Hmmm! Good idea! I thought there already was a simple batch program to reverse the order of the snow bmp's. I know I downloaded it from Tom'S HQ (I think!) and have it on my PC. Every time you run it, it just reverses the order of the bmp's. But it had to be run outside of CMMOS.

I also want to say that Tom's Battle Of The Bulge Mod is fantastic! Thanks for the effort, Tom! I really appreciate it!

[ October 31, 2002, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Wally's World ]