Any mods for Somua S-35?

Hey Jbertles, did you change your glasses ? The R-35 has nothing common with the S35, except it's a french tank. The R-35 is much smaller, with an old short infantry 37mm gun, and it changes radically the silhouette of the tank. The S35 Medium battle tank is much higher, with it's 47mm gun giving him an unique looking.

Originally posted by Freefrench2:

Hey Jbertles, did you change your glasses ? The R-35 has nothing common with the S35, except it's a french tank. The R-35 is much smaller, with an old short infantry 37mm gun, and it changes radically the silhouette of the tank. The S35 Medium battle tank is much higher, with it's 47mm gun giving him an unique looking.

Freefrench2, that is not a very friendly answer ...

BTW, as an optometrist i have to say you this:

Wearing glasses does NOT mean your VA (visual acuirity ) is worse than the VA of a person who dont need glasses.

So, the VA of me ( with glasses ) is 20/20 and the VA of lets say you ( without glasses ) can be 15/20 smile.gif

Monty

Hey Jbertles, did you change your glasses ? The R-35 has nothing common with the S35, except it's a

french tank. The R-35 is much smaller, with an old short infantry 37mm gun, and it changes radically

the silhouette of the tank. The S35 Medium battle tank is much higher, with it's 47mm gun giving him

an unique looking.

Ummmm, Freefrench2, you're way off base. The reason I posted this is precisely because the R-35 and S-35 look nothing like each other. One of the very first books on tanks that I bought ("Tanks and other AFVs of the Blitzkrieg Era" by B.T. White - which I must have gotten in maybe 1973 or so.....) has the somewhat silly looking R-35 - complete with snub barrel and rear sprocket dragging on the ground - the H-35/H-39 (somewhat more modern looking, but still with snub barrel) and the S-35 (much more modern and rakish looking, with forward mounted turrent and a real actual barrel!) on 3 consecutive pages, making it real easy to compare.

I was just wondering whether there was any chance of making the two images different in either a mod or a future patch. Juju answered the first question (thx!), and it looks like others in this thread have also wanted to have image of the S-35 upgraded in the future.

Now let's see, where did I put those rose-colored glasses....?

BTW, the book I mentioned above has lots of color paintings of many early war tanks, including a very, very colorful CharB1 in typical french forest scheme - yellow w/green and brown splotches - and lots of German and British tanks in desert paint. All the russian tanks seem to be in a wierd lime green, including the mighty (but wimpy) T-35, which seems to painted from the perspective of a person in a trench - it looks more like a ship than a tank.

I played WWII online, and man, when you drive a R-35, you are dead meat, slower then crap, and really not that effective versus infantry, and like spitting in a fire versus any (and I mean any) other Pz. And Panzer leader, nice model! I do some modelling myself, and diaroma making, have a real nice one which has a scene of a Flak 88 gun in a emplacement