Jammed machine gun

Ah, that's because you don't understand the in game mechanics. JAM, doesn't mean the gun won't fire, it means the team is eating breakfast and is looking for the JAM. Try moving the unit to the nearest corner store and you'll find that it's back in the fight in no time. Apparently BUTTER appears much less frequently as supplies were so numerous that the designeers decided not model BUTTER reserves.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CMplayer:

One thing which bugs me is that while an MG is jammed you can't see how much ammo it has.<hr></blockquote>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Does moving a commander into effective radius make a difference? And if so, does a commander with a particular attribute (lightning bolt for example) make a faster difference?

<hr></blockquote>

Don't know if that would make a diff or not. I've never had a jam last more than two turns and have never taken the time to try to send the nearest commander over to check it out. Usually they're needed elsewhere.

Last night during a QB, one of my .50s jammed. The CO was right beside it and the jam still lasted 3 turns. So I don't believe they can make a difference.

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]</p>

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Krazy Canuck:

I've found that if you just leave him alone for a turn or two it seems to get repaired. How long may depend upon his quality(green vs. vet etc.), also you may want to move him out of the fight til its working again.

Works for me. smile.gif

KC

Don't move the MG! While units are moving or hiding, they can't reload or clear jams, so you'd be wasting the time it takes to move the gun. Also, HMGs aren't going to get very far, so it's best to just let the crew stay in place and clear the jam.