Idea for future CMs

Today you get points for exiting eligible troops, killing enemy troops and holding flags. Sorry if I missed any. Would it be possible to add a few other to add the possibilities to create interesting scenarios?

- Instead of tag a squad with Exit eligible tag it with Keep alive. Company HQ and Battalion HQ could have this set as default, but I'm also thinking of trucks, crews, unarmed jeeps etc that are not meant to participate actively in the battles.

- In addition to Exit sides create 'End zones'. Then tag some squads to give points if they are in the zone at the end of the battle.

- Tagging flag as Reinforcement requirement. When you capture the flag you will get reinforcements, when you lose the flag you will get reinforcements, you get reinforcements if you don't hold the flag turn x, you get reinforcements turn x if you hold the flag etc

I like the first two, especially the End Zone. The really good thing about this is that the zones could be anywhere on the map, not just near the edge of the map. For example one bank of a river in a scenario where you're supposed to cross the river. Or you could make one side start in the middle of the map and make the End Zone cover all edges of the map in a scenario where you should break out of siege.

Originally posted by Visom:

Today you get points for exiting eligible troops, killing enemy troops and holding flags. Sorry if I missed any. Would it be possible to add a few other to add the possibilities to create interesting scenarios?

- Instead of tag a squad with Exit eligible tag it with Keep alive. Company HQ and Battalion HQ could have this set as default, but I'm also thinking of trucks, crews, unarmed jeeps etc that are not meant to participate actively in the battles.

++++++GREAT GREAT GREAT in my opinion+++++

- In addition to Exit sides create 'End zones'. Then tag some squads to give points if they are in the zone at the end of the battle.

++++++Flags generally do it now, but i see where your getting at. Maybe keep the zones non-highlited so you have to rely on the briefing and your intelligence+++++

- Tagging flag as Reinforcement requirement. When you capture the flag you will get reinforcements, when you lose the flag you will get reinforcements, you get reinforcements if you don't hold the flag turn x, you get reinforcements turn x if you hold the flag etc

++++To Gamey, unrealistic, leave it for those useless wargaming games++++

Originally posted by Visom:

I really like this idea. My brother enjoys charging and recon with tank crews. He doesn't understand gamey he figures, if they are there, I can use them.

I try to tell him, tank crews are too valuable to be used as cannon fodder. They need to be sent to the back so that they can eventually get in a new tank.

He claims, in the heat of a bitter battle, he needs them to help any way they can.

He doesn't seem to care about the VP loss he gets when they are mowed down while charging across an open field...

oh well, its annoying sometimes, but usually works out well for me...

[ June 09, 2002, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Das Reich ]

Good idea,

In general much much more choices should be possible for the scenario designer and for the Player.

More diverse Objective types like lines or areas to reach/defend zones of advance

More control over AI-controlled troops (assigning areas/lines of advance/retreat, interdiction, rearguard defence, stubborn defence, defence and counterattack, recon and many more. Nowadays the creator of scenarios is severly hindered by the rigid possibilities he has in timing, movement, and type of AI-actions. Especially difficult with larger scenarios with a lot of troops where normally some plans came into execution.

This would facilitate much more interesting playerexperience. Not to dump the existing possibilities but instead an addition