Need some scenario help please.

I am playing some operations against some friends, and find it very hard to use these correct.

Particularly the battle view is not the same as the operational view, which sucks, secondly, whats with all these limits??

no operational meeting engagement??

unit limits??

view limits?

Third, how you get better positions after a battle, is not really clear either.

It feels all a bit random.

And last, Why the 30 round limit on operational battles?? can it be changed?

And why not more than 20 battles in one operation?

I wish they would stop adding limits to everything..let us decide instead what we wish to limit.

sniff...

If anyone has any solutions, please help :(

With regards

Janster

[ July 15, 2002, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Janster ]

Originally posted by Janster:

I am playing some operations against some friends, and find it very hard to use these correct.

Particularly the battle view is not the same as the operational view, which sucks, secondly, whats with all these limits??

no operational meeting engagement??

unit limits??

view limits?

Third, how you get better positions after a battle, is not really clear either.

It feels all a bit random.

And last, Why the 30 round limit on operational battles?? can it be changed?

And why not more than 20 battles in one operation?

I wish they would stop adding limits to everything..let us decide instead what we wish to limit.

sniff...

If anyone has any solutions, please help :(

With regards

Janster

Operations have issues in CMBO, especially regarding startlines and such. The only one that kind of sort of works is the 0 or 80m setting, everything else puts things way out of wack.

Anyhow, for views, you can set the battle window size up to the maximum the program can handle. The reason they are different is so that you can have maps bigger than the game can display at one time.

The lack of MEs is an issue, but it can be worked around. One way is to make a destroy type operation, a second is to setup an assault type with 50% or so of the map required. Yes, one side will have foxholes, but those will be irrelevant if you start the sides at the far ends of the map.

30 turn limit per battle is hard, as is the 20 battles. I find that more than 3 or 4 is too many, especially with the reinforcement limits. You only have six total slots (on map, 5 reinforcements) so you are very limited in terms of how much you can manipulate forces, especially over a long operation.

The number of units is limited, but then again RAM is limited and they all need somewhere to go there. CM was designed to simulate reinforced company sized engagements, not reinforced brigade sized battles.

WWB

I sounded a bit harsh there maybe, it is very clear to me that this game rocks, we're having quite fighting it out.

It is of course always sad to see limits though, im feeling that so much more could be done sometimes.

Anyway operations is the only way to go if you want to have a good fight, otherwise the single battles doesnt feel right, and you sometimes dont take into account that you need to spare men have reserves etc etc.

Anyhow the unit limit is less a worry, we dont like having 234234 units, thats boring, but we like to fight engagements on HUGE maps where mobility and positioning plays an important part.

I dream of the day we can play this online where you command a company in a consitant front where you are just a part of a huge thing.

That feeling always rocks.

Have a nice day

Janster