Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Windows to Mac and back

uuEncoding is the data encoding format, which is a setting in the email client (on the Mac). I'd suggest that your opponent on the Mac zip his files in a PC compatible zip format before sending them to you. I assume that he's sending the files to you in a bin-hex format which is being interpretted incorrectly on the PC.

Originally posted by Mark T:

I cannot load the files mailed to me by my friend how has a Mac. He can load the files i am sending him but i cannot load his return file no matter how i do it. Help- the manual mentions uuEncoding what dos this mean.

Also..

If your friend is on a Mac you might suggest he use any Microsoft Mail software (Outlook Express works great) and then send it to you from that software.

Mac users should be flexible enough to use an e-mail program from Mircosoft that will solve all those uuEncode problems.

I have played against several PC based CMBO players and I routinely e-mail PBEM turns from Outlook Express without any problem at all.

Also as suggested a free piece of shareware called "Zippit" will make zipped files out the attachments on the Mac before your friend sends them and that will do the trick as well. smile.gif

Hope that helps.

-tom w

[ June 21, 2002, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]