Converting Battle maps to Operations?

Is it possible (I truly hope so) to convert a battle to an operation map or vice versa? No need for units.

Reason I'm asking this that I made 2x4km battle map from area of Portinhoikka, near Viipuri which is modeled by 1:20000 topographic map (printed 1938) as accurate as I could make including vegetation. (It took about 20hrs or so) Naturally its a bit overkill for a battle so I'd really like to use it for an operation too.

If BTS or anyone has a beta-release tool for this use I'd be happy to test it smile.gif

It's too late already, but couldn't you have made it an operation of one battle? That way it could be played as a scenario but with the flexibility of editing it for a multi-battle operation. May not be possible, just throwing that out as a possible solution going forward.

Originally posted by Juardis:

It's too late already, but couldn't you have made it an operation of one battle? That way it could be played as a scenario but with the flexibility of editing it for a multi-battle operation. May not be possible, just throwing that out as a possible solution going forward.

I know I should have done that, but when I acquired the map I was sooo excited that I got this kind of "occupational accident". In fact it doesn't bother much in this particular case, I just wished this kind of possibility already in CMBO sometimes. Anyway it is a great editor already.

Funny though that it isn't possible (as far as we know); map is basically the same thing (bit larger only), I guess that parameters are the main difference. But then again, I didn't design it, I'm just guessing.

I'm running into the same problem, made a scenario and found out that it could be better played as operation. It would be nice if the editor could be revised for this.

I just wonder - has anybody ever attempted to decode a scenario file? Is it possible?