A Day In /the Cavalry Operation (No Spoilers)

I haven't heard anything mentionned about this one yet, so I thought I'd put in a good word and recommend it to anyone looking for a quick and fun operation.

It's a nice quick little op. easily played in an evening or 2 and shows what can happen as a recon group approaches a defended village. It starts off small and builds up in a nice little crescendo leading to the final battles. And the Allies have plenty of nasty little things to worry about.

Played this one at +25% and +1 skill level against the AI and it was a good fight - tactical defeat for me, but it was a lot of fun.

p.

*****SPOILER******

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

_

a

h

e

a

d

*****SPOILERS BELOW!!*******

Definitely second the recommendation! Here's the spoiler--- Didn't that King Tiger make you crap yourself? Holy smokes! I ran my entire light tank platoon into it by accident! Luckily, an infantry platoon rushed it, and got it before it could fry up my tanks!!!!!

*****SPOILER******

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

_

a

h

e

a

d

*****SPOILERS BELOW!!*******

> Definitely second the recommendation!

> Here's the spoiler--- Didn't that King

> Tiger make you crap yourself? Holy smokes!

I never did manage to take it out and I don't think he caused too much damage either. We just both kept a nice respectable distance from one another. It was nice not to see the AI do some stupid charge with it.

This op. was very frustrating - did you have crappy weather too? The third and 4th battles had deep mud and my guys could barely move and we hadn't even reached the outskirts of (I forget the name of the town!) Ebenburg <???> yet.

Finally managed to take a few of the first buildings at the end of #4, but too little too late.

The funnest part of the battle for me was following US doctrine to blast every building more than one story high to smithereens with those 2 assault guns. I still get a kick out of seeing buildings explode!

p.

I'm currently playing it as German (first time) and let's just say i went wtf? when I got the first German setup...

Also, let's just say that these guys spotting/ID ability is... questionable so there are several surprises in there for you.

Just wanted to say that it's very fun to play as Germans too. The AI is doing a decent job too so far.

------------------

Geier, formerly Kettle Black.

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett