Tired => exhauted, advance => sneak?

This might be discussed before, as it ties in with the infantry behaviour, but I could not find it.

I noticed that my (green but fit) troops changed from advancing and tired to exhausted and sneaking. This happpened a few seconds after they got out of command range. This tied in with earlier strange behaviour from my troops, when I noticed that several troops were sneaking (and had of course become exhausted), while I could not detect any shots fired upon them.

Now I know that green troops cant advance, when out of command.

What was the case here? Did they drop down to sneak, at the moment they got out of command range because were not longer able to advance, and did they becme exhausted because of that? Or did they become exhausted and droppped to sneak because of that and was the los of command incidental?

If the first, it is very dangerous to let green troops advance, as you can then never let them advance out of command, because if this happens halfway the turn, they will drop to sneak and exhausted. This means practically that you never can let them advance, period, because you never know the extend of the command range, especially as this might be influenced by the terrain etc.

Bertram

Hm, this changed with the patch obviously. After patching my troops were advancing again (that is what it said in the plotting anyway, it is a PBEM, awaiting the return). But they where still down with their noses in the snow. I have given them a move command, instead of the advance, so no more info forthcoming (testing is nice, but there is a war to be won).

I'll keep on eye out for this behaviour in other situations.

(edited once for the patch, edited twice for the spelling)

[ November 21, 2002, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Bertram ]