MG Nests

The infamous "Search"(or "Useless" as it is often called.) has yeilded no results about this topic, so...

Why can one not place a MG nest? I figure that since everything is 'abstracted' a foxhole is supposed to suffice, but arent there some distinct advantages( disadvanteges) to a sandbagged nest? In a foxhole, you are presumed to be dug in, or a little below ground level. But wouldnt it be plauseable (and historicly accurate) to place MG nests? Maybe they would be under Fortifications, costing around 25 points or so. They would give a cover bonus, and maybe add to accuracy, because the MG would be properly mounted and sighted in. Im sure this was a heated discusion with BTS, but does antone remember thier stance?

Also, My heart goes out to you all, and know that this is our generations time to stand up, as our grandparents did before us, and fight this terrible evil.

I like the idea of this as opposed to a fixed emplacement such as an MG bunker. I would imagine such 'nests' would be very vulnerable to mortar and arty fire (having no cover) but they would certainly be a good way of providing light emplacements. The question is who would have access to them and under what situations? (Assault/Attack QB for defender, or purchaseable?)

Did you have any more ideas on whether they would be available to axis/allied forces and how many weapons/crew they would include?

Incidentally, how common were mortar emplacements (dug in same as MG but with mortar+crew)? They might be cool to have smile.gif

Yes, it would be suceptible to arty fire, but that is just the way it goes. I suppose it would be mostly german defence as far as availability goes, and I dont think they would be available for ME, either, but any MG could go, with a regular team, or maybe a team and a sharpshooter or artyspotter. You could also use them as decoy, tempting youre opponent to waste arty and mortar fire on an empty nest. That would probably be considered gamey tho. I dont see why mortars couldnt be placed in them, or whatever you wanted really, just purchase an empty nest, and fill(or dont fill) it with whatever unit you see fit.

I meant to post this on the other forum, not this one (OOOpps)maybe a true grogomite could fill us in on a nests usuall use and suvivability, as well as why they may not be included. Did allies make them often? :rolleyes: