Graphics loading problem?

Savok

I just downloaded the demo and its not working.

When ever i start the tutorial mission or any other it says Loading Graphics, after about 20 seconds the interface shows up but the Loading 3d graphics screen never goes away and the screen behind that is black.

I have the latest DirectX drivers. I am on Win 98.

any idea what this could be?

I've seen this happen on some SiS integrated video chipsets (620 & 530 I believe). Even with the latest drivers this problem wasn't fixed. Assuming that you're using an integrated video chipset, you may want to consider upgrading to a separate videocard. What you can upgrade to will depend on what slots are on your motherboard.

But tell us what you have anyway.

I have exactly the same problem with my notebook, so upgrading is not the best solution...

my specs are:

P4 2200 512K socket 478

256mb DDR

:mad: vga SiS 650 32mb 4xAGP

sony CRX 800E combo drive

win XP

I have all the latest drivers and directX 8.1.

I knew already the problem was the sis graphic card, but now, there is anything I can do?

thanks in advance!

Apparently not. Until SiS upgrades their drivers and fixes this problem (which may not necessarily happen with the next release of drivers) there will be no solution for you with this laptop. Something about the drivers makes them incapable of handling all of the textures and their memory requirements. At the moment I can't get into SiS's driver download (download.sis.com) to tell if the 650 is still on the development schedule or discontinued.

If someone could mod all of the textures to half/quarter or less of their current size, then it might be possible for some of the older SiS integrated chipsets to handle CMBB. However that is only a guess and there may be other problems. I'm fairly certain that several graphical effects will be unavailable, but there could be other problems with display elements too.