cant install CMBB

i have tried 4 cd rom drivers and the game will not instal,it just spins around in the driver and not much else,i have tried to manuall install by clicking on D; drive and then clicking on setup,but no it wont work. but if i put the disk in another machine it loads perfect!!;(.so why dont it like my machine?

my pc::

windows xp pro

512megs ram

1.3 cpu anthlon

10g free on hard disk

graphics gainward geforce4 nvidia 64megs

sound 1.5 creative sound blaster

cdrom CTX 56X also 48X sony cd rw

CMBO works fine,and all orther games but not CMBB.any idea

Not formilar with Xp, but I have 2000 pro and when I experience such a problem I do the manual set up and it works..

Several questions:

1. How many CD drives do you have? If two, try the other one. Sometimes its a reading issue with certain drives.

2. When you say you tried to manually install, did you double click the "correct" set up application (usually the one that looks like a computer on the disc)..

3. If you have only one drive, try cleaning the drive itself with any of the commercial products out today..

Other than that, not much else to suggest. I am assuming that you have NEVER had this game on this computer. If you have, and took it off, there may be some old registry info left from the uninstall that is causing problems..

TomE

I have the same problem as you, i use xp pro and when i insert the cmbb2 cd the drive spins wildly for 3-5 minutes and then the autorun starts. I think xp scans the archived contents of the big setup.exe file (564 MB).

Im checking if this xp feature can be turned off.

[ September 02, 2003, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: stefanpi ]

Depending on how much time you want to spend on this problem, you could try to move the CD/DVD drive from the machine where CMBB installs to the one that doesn't. It's possible that the drives on your computer don't like the CMBB CD (even though you've tried several of them). On the computer that can install CMBB, what Windows version is it running ?

Another thing to try is to copy the installer files onto your hard drive and run the installation from there (I'm not familiar with the CDV version, which may have quite files for the installation). However the files may still refuse to copy. At this point you would need to try the other drive, if possible. You will also want to shut off any services that have to do with the CD (utilities) or any anti-virus products, etc. I'm not sure if it would help to turn off any sort of indexing (which usually occurs for NTFS formatted hard drives) on the CDROM drive itself.

It may come down to the drives and your IDE controller causing some problems that can't easily be solved. This might be a bad CD, but I'm not sure if a replacement would fix this particular problem or not. If it is a CDV product you would have to contact them and not Battlefront for a replacement.