a funny thing happened to me on the way to battle...

So here is one of my Jacksons, just cruising along, minding his own business destroying armored car after armored car (5 total). The allied side was cheering him on! So up a hill he goes along sided a small wooded area. SHHHHOOOOOCT! Boom! A darned Panzerschreck takes him out! The tank (carried by momentum rolls up the hill. The crew bails out behind and lies flat on the ground. The Jackson stops, and then starts to roll downhill and runs over its crew killing all of them. Ack! Not the sort of death I would have wanted for a crew of armored car killing heroes. oh well. Just thought I'd share that goofy story with you guys.

Deadeye smile.gif

Originally posted by deadeye3:

...The crew bails out behind and lies flat on the ground. The Jackson stops, and then starts to roll downhill and runs over its crew killing all of them...

Deadeye smile.gif

I did'nt think tanks squishing infantry was modeled in CM. Are you sure the disabled AFV actually rolled over them killing the crew?

Positive. I was playing both sides at the time because I was testing the capabilities of armor and bomber/fighters. Nothing shot those guys. It also wasn't the first time it has happened either, however it was the first time the whole crew was eliminated. I am positive. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Squishing, crunching, or aka Overrun attacks do not exist in CM.

Test it and see.

Use the editor and take the ammo away from a tank and a infantry type. Open the saved game as hot seat and plot a fast move command for the tank across the inf unit. No kill, nothing. Repeat until your convinced.

Just goes to show you how you suspend disbelief watching the movie portion of the turn, that you "see" it happen. Something else got the unit in question in the example above is the only explanation.

Well I'll stick with my story until someone can come up with a better answer. I was hotseating it and know exactly what was firing and what was not and what died and what did not. My conclusion? The tank ran over the guys. This isn't the first time it has happened, however, it is the first time a WHOLE crew died when it did.

deadeye3 smile.gif believe what you want

Originally posted by deadeye3:

Well I'll stick with my story until someone can come up with a better answer. I was hotseating it and know exactly what was firing and what was not and what died and what did not. My conclusion? The tank ran over the guys. This isn't the first time it has happened, however, it is the first time a WHOLE crew died when it did.

deadeye3 smile.gif believe what you want

Try the test. Read the posts on this subject from BTS.

The reason I won't try the tests is simple. I am serious about gaming but not serious about the game. If what I saw didn't really happen, it SURE appeared to. That alone makes me extremely happy with the game. I don't need to know what algorithms take place to effectively portray a battle sequence on my screen. I just need to know it looks good and I enjoy it. Cool huh?

deadeye3 smile.gif

I was playing against the AI when a tank/infantry traffic jam occurred way in the rear and out of range of the enemy. When the tank apparently ran over a squad, one of the infantry was killed! Looked to me like he was run over by a friendly tank!

Comments t the effect that this is not modeled are interesting. This may or may not be true, but at least the phenomenon seems rare.

See? and even if it isn't modeled, whatever caused it to happen sure looked interesting and made the game even cooler for me. I could spend all day talking about the little things in this game that make it great, even if they weren't modeled. smile.gif