Looks like a mortar tube, only looks like

setting about 45 deg?

Who has them Axis or Allied?

Guess I don't want to see them they are white smile.gif

I see it will be fixed next patch.

No big deal just wonder what they are.

Thank's for any info

Lane smile.gif

According to my source (Bishop, WWII, Dictionary of weapons) they were termed Ampulenjot 1941 System Kartukov – very little is known about the weapon and what is known comes from period German Intelligence reports. Unlike the CMBB representation it was a pipe gun – like an early cannon on a simple fork stand. Calibre was 5inch or 127mm. (It looks like an old pump fire extinguisher – which is a bit ironic).

It was fired with blackpowder by way of a percussion cap, the Germans never figured out what the projectile was – they suggest some form of phosphorus mixture allied to a thick oil based fuel. Maximum range was 250 yards and the rate of fire must have been slow unlike the CMBB representation. Although, it did have a breach block.

I doubt it was available at the start of the war in any numbers but like the PTRD Anti-tank rifle was an old design that was rushed into production and service to give the troops something to shoot at Panzers. (I would guess at a September 1941 introduction date with it disappearing very rapidly in 1942 as AT-Rifles in increasing numbers came into service.

The German considered it a joke weapon that illustrated the backwards and crumbling nature of the red army, in contrast to captured PTRD AT-rifles, which were put into German service

Hopefully I will be able to put up a picture of one soon. Nice to know that Battlefront are going to improve the weapon.

:D

the funny thing is there's practically no photo reference on the thing, which was a small impediment to modelling it in the game ;) but I believe it was featured in a previous well known Eastern Front wargame, so the old wargame grogs were expected it to be included.

[ November 22, 2002, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]