European Version & Problems

can somebody clarify??

what are the differences between the US and the Euro versions, apart from the moody artwork and the slimline manual?

Also, sometimes when I purchase a number of tanks in a qb, the full complement do not show up on the map. why?

also, I can't get it to work properly with my Kyro card despite latest versions of drivers and directx...........will this be patched?

have to say, at the moment i'm giving CMBB 6/10

Ok I'll help on a couple.

The US version has Waffen SS insignia in it, and the words 'Waffen SS' instead of 'Waffen Grenadier'. That's it, no other differences aside from the manual.

The reason some of your forces are not showing up in a battle is because you have selected to have casualties in your QB parameter screen. A random proportion of the force you purchased will not show depending on the % you selected - or if you left it at Random.

So far I am giving CMBB 294,472/10.

A number of the differences between the US and Euro version can be resolved. You can get mods from sites such as http://www.garykrockover.com/cmbb/ that will put the SS rune icon in the Scenario choice screen, correct national markings on the Finnish tanks and solve some of the differences between the graphics such as the sand coloured German 37mm gun in the early period. You can even change the WG label to the historically correct SS label if you use the excellent “Schoerner's COMBAT MISSION 2 AntiCensorshipLoader V2”. It works very well if you are a patient European. ;)

Strangely for the English language version despite all these censorship restrictions so as not to break German laws – we still get American English – z in Mechanised and a missing u from Armour! :D

I have tried emailing BTS to enquire if they will sell me the full manual as per the rumour on this forum but so far they have failed to reply! I have been forced to try and read the adobe version to find out what a partial-penetration is!

The big-sticking point it appears to me is that the copy protection on the Euro and US CD-ROMs are different this means that any US patch will not work on the Euro version. Will we get these “problems resolved” and move forward with any changes made to the US version. I hope so - but only time will tell if this will happen.

:eek:

Originally posted by Mark Gallear:

You can even change the WG label to the historically correct SS label if you use the excellent “Schoerner's COMBAT MISSION 2 AntiCensorshipLoader V2”. It works very well if you are a patient European. ;)

Has this been uploaded anywhere yet ? Can't see it at Tom's, or indeed anywhere else.