Can someone please help with a design feature using the editior

Hy,

I really hope I get an answer to this ..

Third time lucky they say:

HOW DO YOU plave a building on top of a vehicle so to make that vehicle start the game -> in a building.

Also the same for an AT gun.

I have NO IDEA how it is possible to see units in the editor ( an AFV in this case) so as to place a building at the correct "hex".

This is an extreeeeemly important feature for a design of mine AND I REALLY want to know how to do it.....IN DETAIL.

Thank you

eric

You can't see units in the editor. You've got to use trial and error. Use what landmarks you can see in the editor - such as adjacent buildings, curve in the road, etc - as reference points to accurately drop building, rubble, etc., over AFV or AT gun. It can be time-comsuming - because once you've successfully dropped building over AFV or AT gun you may still need to adjust either the building tile or the AFV or AT gun so as to retain LOS.

If necessary, you could always create temporary landmarks(pavement tile, brush tile,etc) to help orient yourself in the editor to assist placement of building over AFV or AT gun, and then go back and erase or edit out landmark.

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: Armdchair ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cauldron:

I have NO IDEA how it is possible to see units in the editor ( an AFV in this case) so as to place a building at the correct "hex".

eric[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I explained this to you when you asked

on another thread. Why didn't you respond

there, if you didn't understand my answer?

[edit: rereading it, I can see that it

might have been a tad bit less than

crystal clear, not to mention the

Berli's way, in the next post, is much

simpler]

--Rett

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

Ok, here is the process:

1) place a brush or scattered tree tile on the map where you want the building.

2) purchase a tank or gun in the units section of the editor

3) Back to the map... preview your map and place the tank/gun in the brush/scattered woods you marked the spot with. If its to be a large building, place at the edge, if small, place in the center. Adjust the facing as desired and lock the unit in place.

4) Back in the map editor, replace the brush/scattered woods with a building.