Logitech Wheel Mouse & Scenario Builder

Hi,

I read that there are some issues with Logitech mice, but I haven't found any solution so far. I've got the latest drivers for my (Win) Logitech Wheel Mouse (model M-C48) and it works fine in the game. When making up games/scenarios (which is a GREAT FEATURE!) it gets funky and won't show the effects of a click until another click has been done, generally. This gets ugly!

Anyone have a fix or workaround?

Thanks.

I have this same problem. However, I have an intellimouse trackball (w/ wheel). Anyway, this is what I posted before. I haven't seen any fixes for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I have this same problem (the problems on clicking on parameters). I suspect it is a mouse problem (for no particular reason). I have a microsoft intellimouse trackball w/ scroll wheel. PS2 (but I also tried it w/ a serial adapter and no change). No other mouse problems in this game or otherwise.

In any event, it just takes a little getting used to, but everything is quite usable.

In Quick Battle or scenario edit selections click once on the box, let the selection menu come up and then click on the selection you want. Don't worry whether the blue highlight comes on the selection, it doesn't matter. At that point click on another box and your selection should be entered in the first box. it appears that you are one click behind.

Similarly, when I am saving PBEM games, the keyboard displays one letter behind so if I type "Hello" What I see is "Hell" until I hit enter. Then the "o" is added.

It's strange and I don't have this problem in any other program, but you get used to it. The game is definitely well worth it.

If you have any questions on how to manage with this problem (or I haven't been particularly clear here--which is likely) just post with your concerns.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck.

--Philistine

[This message has been edited by Philistine (edited 08-04-2000).]

I have a USB version Logitech wheel mouse, model M-UB48.

Let me tell you I have had zero problems with CM. I'm using standard WIN 98 drivers. This problem seems only common with the PS/2 and serial version.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

I have the same problem with mouse clicks as well. The mouse works fine once in the game but on selection screens it is a click behind always and I can't get the slide down menu on any screen to work at all. For example I can't switch from German to Allied in the force selection screen so I can't build a scenario. Also, as examples, I can't adjust experience or force multipliers or anything. I also can't play by mail because the mouse won't work at all there. It's just dead.

Are there any fixes for this at all?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by savage:

I have the same problem with mouse clicks as well. The mouse works fine once in the game but on selection screens it is a click behind always and I can't get the slide down menu on any screen to work at all. For example I can't switch from German to Allied in the force selection screen so I can't build a scenario. Also, as examples, I can't adjust experience or force multipliers or anything. I also can't play by mail because the mouse won't work at all there. It's just dead.

Are there any fixes for this at all?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a fix, but this it what works for me. In the pull down menus in making a scenario ro quickbattle, click on the menu and move the mouse down or up slightly. The selection should then pop up. Moving the mouse may or may not move the blue selector, but it doesn't matter. Click on your choice with the mouse. Then go to another selection and click on it. Your previous selction should now show up in the other box. (Hopefully. that's how it works for me).

WRT to E-Mail, what do you mean? At what point isn't the mouse doing anything? When I save an E-Mail game, my keyboard is one letter behind (as described above) But I'm not using my mouse. (Unless you are talking about the loading a saved game screen?).

Post back if this doesn't work (or if it does).

--Philistine

Guest Big Time Software

Everyone - please post the specs for your graphics cards here (i.e. what type, company). I think the problem lies there, not with the mouse.

Also make sure that you've updated to the latest drivers for your graphics card.

Charles