Reinforcement troop placement?

Hi again, I'm in the midst of creating a new battle, and I was wondering if it was possible to control the EXACT location of reinforcements? Also, I've ran into a little problem with railroad tracks that cross a river. Instead of the track tile, I used the wooden bridge over the water, but I sunk the terrain it spans by 2 elevation levels, so that the track/ bridge appears near "flush" with the water. Now however, I've created a problem- the water now dips into a slope around the bridge (I have even seen troops travel through this anamoly- it considers the unit on a slope). In the scenario All or Nothing the railroad tracks that cross the water don't have this anomoly, and I was wondering how the developer got around the problem of the slopes that are created. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot for any help!

------------------

"Childhood's over the moment you know you're going to die." -The Crow

From what it sounds like I think you need to lower the elevevation of the water tiles for the river. Example is the entire map starts out at level 7. Make your river level 5, that way all your small brdiges will fit well. Sometimes this give a slightly unrealistic look so experiment around with it.

Your reinforcement flags are movable. Just put them where they are suppose to go. Watch out for putting the flag in forest/pines, if vehicles are comming up.

[This message has been edited by Dirtweasle (edited 03-02-2001).]

You're absolutely right Dirtweasle, I double checked the All or Nothing map and I noticed that the designer dipped the river down a level, and also the elevation contours have been set to 2.5, whereas on my map it's 5m increments. Okay One final question... How can I make sure that a unit is immovable (ex. get the orange unit bases around them) during the Setup Phase. I find placing a unit in a neutral zone works to a limited degree, but the user still has the option to move it back to a friendly zone if they wish- I don't want that! I want to make sure that it moves nowhere! Thanks again!

------------------

"Childhood's over the moment you know you're going to die." -The Crow

Guest Offwhite

There's an option to "padlock" a unit during scenario creation - go into the map preview, place the unit where you want it, then right-click or hit space to pull up the orders menu and select "padlock."

------------------

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep

Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap

- Rudyard Kipling, "Tommy"

Originally posted by Suicides-by-Steve:

I was wondering if it was possible to control the EXACT location of reinforcements?

No, but they will turn up around the reinforcement marker, that you can place anywhere.

If you want a concentrated reinforcement, it helps to spread the reinforcement units to several slots, and place all markers on the same spot.

Cheers

Olle

"Around the reinforcement marker" is right. I've played the Wittmann scenario quite a few times and seen the German reinforcements beam down (a la Star Trek) into the middle of the British positions. In one game, the Pz IV arrived at a point surrounded by three Brit tanks and died in seven seconds without firing a shot.

------------------

Airborne Combat Engineer Troop Leader (1966-1968)

*** Possible Spoiler ***

While playing A Walk in Paris, I had an AFV appear in a wooded area. It ended up just sitting there for the rest of the game.

------------------

Swede

Rommell, you magnificant bastard! I read your book!

-- GCS as GSP

[This message has been edited by Swede (edited 03-09-2001).]