CMBO SE Freezing

Is this the only program that freezes on your computer ? Does CMBO consistently freeze or only occasionally ? At what point does it freeze, while playing and issuing orders, computing turns or before you can completely load a scenario, etc. ?

Do you have anything else running in the background while attempting to play CMBO ? I highly suggest shutting down anything else that may be running (instant messaging clients, utilities, etc.), including anti-virus programs. Which Windows version are you running and how much memory do you have in your machine ?

You shouldn't need anymore memory to run CMBO. You should be able to run almost any scenario within 128-256Mb (depending on your OS).

Is your Dell a laptop or a desktop (I assume that it is a desktop) ? If it is a laptop, are you running on AC power or just battery power ? Is the laptop very warm when it locks up ? Is the lockup completely 'hard' (i.e. - it requires you to power off the laptop) ?

You can check for newer ATI drivers, though I wouldn't expect the driver to be the culprit here. Which particular Rage do you have, a Pro, Rage 128 or Rage 128 Pro ? Have you checked Dell's website ? For a laptop this will be one of your few choices to upgrade the driver (if there is an upgrade available).