Great Book Site

Found a great site that I wanted to make you all aware of if you didn't know about it already. It's called "RZM.com." I found out about it from fellow CM'er, LAWYER. He showed me a book he had bought there that compares WWII era photos from the Bulge with the modern view. I had really enjoyed this format and way of visiting battlefields in Bill Frassanito's Civil War books in which he did the same thing. Now when I visit Gettysburg, not only do I know what the field looked like during the battle, but I can also step gingerly around a boulder where a fallen soldier breathed his last (or was carried there by the photographer for greater effect, ie. "The Sharpshooter" in 's Den). This book on the Bulge and a two volume set on Normandy should prove invaluable to me when I visit Europe in July. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you at the "George" with Simon Elwen, et al. (see "Two Amis..." in this forum).

Cheers!

Shawn

[ May 26, 2002, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Kiltie Lad ]

I don't know about you guys, but posting on this forum can be maddening. Not only does it miss about half the letters I type, but it won't accept the name of the Lord of the Underworld to describe a particular place on a very well known battlefield. Geesh. I would have thought that as grownups we would be able to conduct ourselves as such. Wait, sorry, I just remembered there is such a thing as "The Peng Challenge" on this forum. I take back the accountability as grownups thing. hehehehehehe

Edited twice to make up other cute words for simple ones the editor leaves as blanks. Gawd!

[ May 26, 2002, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Kiltie Lad ]