Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Deleting Cannon Shot @ Close of CM

I can't recall the sound file that does this. You'll need to replace this sound with one that is 'toned down'. You need either ResEdit or the Mac Mod Manager that can be found at CMHQ (where you may find the lower-volume sound file, but I couldn't).

Tom's Combat Mission HQ has some sound mods, but I can't recall if one of them is a lower-volume end sound (none are listed as such).

I think the file that you are referring to is 00000171. It has been modded two or three times by people who didn't like to end on a loud bang. The one that sticks in my mind is a very funny (and slightly tasteless) one done by Kitty of Hamsters-at-War fame.

You don't have to wait around for someone to make a sound mod that you like: you can make your own. Any wave file that works in the game can be renumbered and substituted for the big bang. I have no idea exactly what would happen if you tried this, but there's an appropriate song sung by Vera Lynn (We'll Meet Again) that you can get by ransacking the Sound of Music section of CMMOS over on CMHQ. For this purpose it doesn't really matter that CMMOS doesn't work because you're on the MAC, you're renaming the file anyway (after you convert it from MP3 to WAV, that is). An easier alternative might be to use Taps, or just go through the wave folder and find a sound that you prefer.

As an aside, the Vera Lynn song currently on CMMOS will be replaced with a clearer and higher quality version of the same when I get around to doing the next version of Hills are Alive, sometime in late June or July.

Originally posted by Philippe:

...the next version of Hills are Alive...

You just rang a bell for me. Back in the early '60s I went to a Barbra Streisand concert, during which at one point she sang a medley of pop songs that contained the lines: "The hills are alive/And it's pretty scary."

:D

Michael