How does one backup the original BPM's ?

I am having trouble getting mods to overwrite the orginal BPM's in the game. I know how to actually download the mod and then install them in the Bpm folder which is in the CMBO folder which then is suppose replace the orignal but I don't know how to actually back up the orignal Bpm folder. I thought you could simply copy the whole folder into a new folder I created on my desktop but that doesn't seem to work as I can't get any new mods to overwrite the orginal's. So I am assumeing I'm not doing something right. Any help would really be appreciated as I just got my replacement CD in and am having to start all over in picking the mods I want out. FYI: Broke my orginal CD and had to have the company send me a new one so is reason I'm having to start all over.

Stoffel, that is kind of what I did but I just have the orginal Bmp folder that I created on my desktop instead of in the CMBO directory. It just won't let me overwrite any of the orignal Bmp's. I think it may be that I didn't backup, which I don't know how to do that, so I just copied the CD's Bmp folder into the new orginal CM Bmp folder that I made. Maybe you have to actually "backup" the Bmp folder. If this is correct then I guess my question is how do you backup the Bmp folder that's in the CD?

I think you should delete the copy of the entire bmp folder you made on the desktop.

Than create a new map in the cmbo directory on the C drive ,not a copy of the default bmp folder itself

name that new file original bmp and save the default BMP files in there when you have a mod

but.....only the ones you need to replace

There is no need to have a copy of the entire bmp folder

It should work that way

Thanks Stoffel I appreciate the help. I understand everything you said except when you state: "Than create a new map in the cmbo directory on the C drive" . Do you mean create a new folder, the one I should name orginal Bmp? Is that what you are calling map a folder? Sorry for being so stupid but I just don't understand computers let alone this kind of stuff so I really do thank you for taking the time to help me.

I think he did mean folder when he said map. By the way, you don't need to back up the original bmp folder since all those files are on the CD and you can copy them off the CD any time you need them. The only time I ever made a complete backup of my already modded bmp folder is when I was installing a new interface or some other mod that would drastically change the look of CM. It is easier to restore from a backup of the full bmp folder than to have to find each file that was changed and copy it back to the active bmp folder. If you are installing a vehicle mod, for example, you can just make a small backup folder containing the files that you are about to modify. If you use CMMOS you don't really have to worry about all of this because the CMMOS compatible mods use unique file names that won't overwrite any of the files already in your bmp folder.