Request for information: High-res Hellcat, M10TD mods.

Hi, been looking for 'em for ages and never found any. Tiger has some Low-res mods... Tom's CM HQ has a dead link for the M10. I don't think I've ever even seen a Hellcat mod.

Can anyone help?

The "big" allied TDs are an eye-sore on my otherwise CMMOS3.02 (thank CMHQ for that, they own) ruled scenery.

[/mod slut]

Ligur,

there have been some mods for M10 / M18 on Manx' combat-mission.net.

While the site is down and in the process of transfering to battlefront's server,

some contents are still available.

M18

There is no real hires mod for this.

I have made a little mod for it which replaces the blurry star on the bow with a sharp one.

m18_3.jpg

Available here:

M18 Hellcat Mod

M10

Basically there are two lo-res sets available:

One from Tiger(camoed) and another one (dark olive-drab) from Mike Duplessis.

After getting Mike's and Marco's permission, I combined Mike's M-10 mod

with the roadwheels/tracks from Marco's Sherman set and made the whole thing hi-res.

However, this was made as a stop-gap mod only and will be far outclassed by Marco's M10 mod.

td_1.jpg

Available here:

M-10, M-36, Wolverine, Achilles

Andrew,

AFAIK does Marco's M-10 mod set NOT include a Hellcat.

[ June 03, 2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

Hey Mike8g those little improvements are nice and I will be using them so thank you. I really like the bright star. Looks much better in the game and the road wheels do alot for the appeareance of the M-10 also.

Mike8g, am I completely wrong in assuming you took the original M18 and doubled the texture side, and added a "sharpen" style effect to the M18 .bmps?

That makes it high-res, yes, and less "blurry"?

The next step is... How to make it even more sharper. I can see the sharpen effect tool does a poor job after the the initial one.

I have Paintshop Pro 7.02 as of now and I was thinking about importing the colours from the CMMOS Sherman mods to the Hellcat to make it stand out less.

/me goes off and starts to learn modding, this was my first ever 10 minutes spent with it and my last paintshop version was 5.0

Hooray. Now I got my very own high-res M18 for personal use with loads of new detail and kit. The ultra-bright edges from the original are gone and other improvements were implemented.

A big hand for the mod community for helping me out with the articles and all the great mods previously published.