flag/bridge bug

Just made a map with a multi tile tall stone bridge (over water), and there is an Italian flag where one of the arches should be (!). It is the tile closest to the land (a concrete tile).

I'd post a screenshot, but I gotta do a search to remind myself how to do it...

Hi Benpark.

I hate to state the obvious, but . . .

You are creating a scenario with Italian forces?

There will be a flag on the map (at least one).

When you preview the map from the editor, the flag just happens to be where the bridge arch is?

Can you click on and move the flag?

I'm just not sure if your message states there is a flag that is "part" of the bmp of the bridge, or if there is simply a flag standing in the same place.

Sorry if this is not at all what you're talking about. smile.gif

Gpig

I noticed something odd on a QB I began the other day. It was a modest (about 1000 points) attack on a large map, light trees, village.

There were three spots along the back edge where there appeared to be some odd-looking flags. One of them had the question mark upside down and they would all appear intermittently when you would rotate the view. I went over and examined them closely from the 6 view and it got even stranger. First of all, the map cells were not aligned with the others on the map. Secondly, they would change their nature when the map was rotated. Sometimes flags. Sometimes trees. Sometimes wheat. One would change into a crater.

I saved the turn, but when I loaded it later, the problem was gone. Sounds like what Matt said about it being card related.

I'm using an nVidia GF 2MX with 32MB VRAM.

Michael

[ October 04, 2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

Hey, Matt-

It's a Geforce4 with 64mb of VRAM. Odd, innit?

I noticed it in a scenario I am making-no Italians in Prague, nor any VL's near that position. It seems to have gone away. Sorry I missed the screen shot, and I hope it helps. If you want me to try anything else out to replicate it (though it seems to be gone for good), just let me know.