Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Headquarters effectiveness

I was playing a PBEM and we exchanged passwords later on. I noticed that my 105 mm art. had immediately killed 3 guys of 4 in a platoon headquarters unit. Good fortune on my part but it got me to wondering if the game models some kind of reduced rating (reduced command radius for instance). The HQ unit wasn’t broken or routed. Thanks

Personally, I could never see the difference with or without the HQ, except for having someone to step in when the platoon leader's dead. But don't trust me, it was a year and a half before I found out pioneers could clear minefields!

gbaker,

A headquarters at any strength, including one remaining soldier, imparts full benefits to it charges. Evidently, it pays to be the big leader in a headquarters, because he is the last casualty. :eek: :eek:

Mikey,

Headquarters do impart large benefits to its charges. It seems that the double hearts (double morale) bonus is quite beneficial to help squads fight like lions.

Cheers, Richard :cool: :cool:

Argie, why enlighten people and share such know-how ? Do you believe on a better world by any chance ? :D

As every day passes by it is becoming more difficult to win a pbem...

So, any more information made available to "troglodytes" and "pedestrians" is a pure nonsense if you ask me ;)

PS- For all pedestrians out there… it’s only a joke, don’t flame me ! :cool: