Scenario editor; praise for Wild Bill Wilder

I have been toying with the scenario editor for two evenings now, that thing is NOT easy to use if you are trying to draw a map based on a real city layout.

Wild Bill must have spent days tweaking the maps, I realize now how much effort he put in to make those maps LOOK simple.

Great job Wild Bill.

smile.gif

No doubt the greatest team of scenario designers around. These guy's are first rate, and have thier heart in what they do.

Most of the time for little or no pay.

Not only for CM, but a whole slew of computer war games.

I think CM has thier attention though. smile.gif

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

Well, on behalf of the entire design team, let me express my thanks to you gentlemen with your very kind comments.

One of the reasons people do design scenarios (not the only one!)is to provide a service for fellow gamers. Another is the recognition of our peers in the hobby.

None of this scenario design team was paid. BTS was very kind to send us a CD and a physical token of thanks. For that we are all grateful. and for the opportunity to participate we are most grateful!

The hours and hours of hard work in designing (AND TESTING - now THAT can be the hard part), revising for new builds, seeking balance and cohesiveness in the battle, researching, struggling with maps ("Rock Poop in a dirt pile"...gotta love that one, Pathfinder - I've designed a few of those wink.gif ), its all part of the process.

But IT'S ALL WORTH IT, when good hearted folks like you express your appreciation. Its like saying "sic'em" to a hound dog. Makes us want to try harder and do more.

And as a note of encouragement, you will get there. We just went down that same road a little before you did.

And one hint before I leave. Start small. Play with the map editor. Don't even try a final design until you have spent a whole day with it, experimenting, switching back and forth.

Give yourselves a little time and you'll soon be outdoing us. As Darth Vadar so aptly put it, your words will be, "Now I am the master!"

I do hope other scenario designers will see this and thank you themselves. It was kind of all of you!

Go, my friends. Good luck with it!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

[This message has been edited by Wild Bill Wilder (edited 07-12-2000).]

Wild Bill Wilder YOU ARE THE MAN! Not only do you make some killer maps, but you could be a pr man for a presidential election... Great job dude... I might have a few for yah sooner or later... I am working on a map thats supposed to be a take of the scene in audie murphy the movie, where they have to take that farm house, and keep it eek.gif

Not all that historical, but from play testing it so far as ami's it's quite a blast!

Thanks Demangel. Nothing wrong with recreating movies. They bring back some fond memories.

I did the Saving Private Ryan battle at Ramelle and have played it myself dozens of times. Have you tried it? It can be found on

http://www.combatmissions.co.uk/

Manx is in charge there.

I also did a version of the TV series, Combat. You can find that one on the Combat CM website.

http://www.geocities.com/lrmcgarvey/combat.html

Old Larry McGarvey is holding the fort there.

I still have a few more in mind from the flicks. I'll leave that one for you biggrin.gif.

Do it, by all means. I look forward to it.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com