Question on Artillery

I played parts of several battles last night after I finally got the games installed. I love all the changes but I once your artillery starts droping in the wrong spot how do you adjust it W/O replotting the target altogether. It would seem that calling in a strike W/O LOS is a waste of time. Only 7 1/2 hours till I get off work I don't think Im gonna make it.

Tha_Field_Marshall said:

I played parts of several battles last night after I finally got the games installed. I love all the changes but I once your artillery starts droping in the wrong spot how do you adjust it W/O replotting the target altogether. It would seem that calling in a strike W/O LOS is a waste of time.
<snicker> :D Welcome to reality smile.gif CMBO's arty treatment was WAY too responsive and uber. CMBB has tried as much as the current engine allows to impose more realism.

The answer to your problem is to do like WW2 commanders did and put a lot more emphasis on pre-planned fires than you're used to from CMBO. CMBB has 2 methods of doing preplanned fires: initial barrages and TRPs.

TRPs have at last been fixed so there's no delay in adjusting off of them. In addition, you can shoot them blind and almost always hit them. So ALWAYS buy a couple TRPs, whether you're attacking or defending, and put them in places where your FO lacks LOS. If you luck into a map where you have total LOS, they'll be handy elsewhere.