cmmos and virus

husband is in a mess as we got the blaster virus before nortons updated and had to perform a restore.had his stuff saved to disc but must be faulty as it cannot read one of them.he thinks someone(mike t)is redoing cmmos for cmbo.please tell me if this is correct as he is extremely pi**ed off and is continually whining and whinging(like a 5 year old)thanks,rachel

Yep, a COMPETE and TOTAL revamp of CMMOS/CMBO. I have done each and every CMMOS that existed before, fixing a few that didn't work.

PLUS, and this is the fun part, I have added new mods, created new mods, added my theater conversions such as DFDR. Added support for interface mods such as Mike Dorosh's ASL project and the 'Tank Girl' mod, the Deanco's clipboard mod. Some winter snow uniforms for allies and axis, what else....damn there is so much I cannot remember.

I divided British/CW vehicles into divisions such as the 11th, 4th, Guards, Canadian South Alberta Regiment, 1st Hussars and Polish units. You can now select which vehicle is assigned to what unit. British uniforms got a major boost by Darknight's 21st Army Group uniform mod, which he completed just for the revamp.

US/Free French vehicles are divided by camo pattern. For example you can pick a vehicle for cavalry pattern, low visibility, OD, black/OD, Camo/OD, etc. Each pattern is followed by ALL the vehicles that are possible in that pattern. Which means for the most part all US armor with the exception of the Chaffee. It seems that no one did the Chaffee in all the camo choices, sad really.

I found mods in every corner of the net and my own HDD that I forgot existed. Bfamily33's sandbag armor Chaffee is there plus 5 other Chaffee's, all in a single mod. Dave Singer sent me his halftrack mod that I don't think was ever released, it is as beautiful as AndrewTF's allied jeep which is a sheer work of art.

For the Germans, I think I have close to 20 different Tiger 1 mods, summer and winter, in the revamp. Less than half that for the Panthers. CLose to 10 for the Hetzer.

There is support for winter mods as well for each side.

A French modder, Philippe, got his unit mod for German and US/FF formations completed. Gordon never finished the project. This allows you to change by unit the victory flags. I also redid Philippe's "Hills Are Alive" music mod. So you can change the intro music.

Oh, I added support for military police for allies and axis. With marked jeeps for the allies, cannot seem to find if the Germans marked their kubelwagens.

There is the German 150 Panzer Brigade which was a unit created for the Ardennes offensive, oh did that terrrain mod too :), which has US uniforms for the Germans and a StuG and Panther in US colors/markings. Special vehicle submissions by AndrewTF and JorgeMC, thanks guys.

There is, for a hoot, Kitty's hamster portraits as well as the Austin Power universal carrier.

Wait till you see the terrain features you can select from. It will blow you away. You can now design your terrain from the grass to the sky, all in one single ruleset. There are several different grass options now, including gridded which includes a hex grid as well.

You can pick from an entire set of terrain by a single designer or pick and choice which features you want. You can add features such as the cow tree mod or the apple tree mod.

The DFDR desert mod can be added with a minimum or icon clicks then removed once the battle is fought and you can return to European terrain with just a few clicks. I also have Audace's Italian army mod, with uniforms, vehicles, and even Italian speech files for you.

Fading Hopes, Poland 1939 and France 1940, are there as well.

You can change the terrain to Magua's Normandy mod or even add Clubfoot's Utah beach mod. You can add Tom's Ardennes snow mod as well.

I will also have scenarios for all this...thinking some more here...no nearly done.

I am redoing the rulesets right now so give me a bit more time. But when done and released you will have a set of mods that with luch will be 1.9Gig in size with 363 mods (must admit 650Meg are the music files), some mods BTW have multiple mods of the same vehicle in them.

I got it all, literally all that I could find. I noticed recently that some mods I downloaded are no longer on the net, I beat the grim reaper to them. Tom's website for instance, his mods are no longer there. But I got them all.

Whew, now I got to rest the mind.

Now give me some time, measured in a short few weeks, to get as much of this as possible available for downloading. But very, very soon you will have a brand new and easier to work with set of CMMOS/CMBO mods that will give you options you never even considered before.

MikeT

[ August 15, 2003, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: MikeT ]

Quick question for the original poster of this thread, "Why are you restoring your entire machine?"

The virus in question can be removed successfully without a total restore. Both McAFee and Norton have cleaners for this virus. I successfully removed this worm from a friends machine.

Just wanted to see exactly what it was that you are experiencing with this worm.

Thanks and good luck to you.

thanks mike t hubby is now happy.he does have a whole disk of mods from various sites that still works.concerning the virus -i caught it before nortons updated.nortons then cleared infected files but is unable to remove the execute file for the worm as it had activated,no amount of anything would shift it.if only it had updated a couple of hours earlier i would have been ok and nortons would have sent it to oblivion.MIKET IS GOD,rachel

Rachel, keep in mind that the revamp will totally replace all pre-existing CMMOS/CMBO mods. In fact the rulesets of the previous work will be removed, all mods deleted or better yet saved until you are satisfied with the new work.

The new system works as CMMOS4 for CMBB does.

Each mod is a self-contained entity that remains zipped.

MikeT