Tournament idea inspired from the NWT

Here's an idea for a tournament that is inspired from my experiences playing the Nordic Wannabee Tournament.....

One thing I think is missing from these tournaments is the ability the battle experiences with others. In the NW tournament everyone must NOT share a shred of experience or information with anyone else to keep the fog of war going.

I propose a team game in which people trade battle turns in a operation. You could 3 people playing 3 operations against 3 opponents. Everyone plays a battle in each operation, then sends the operation to a team mate. The team players could share the status of the battles with his team mates and NEEDS to provide good AAR to help the next guy to play.

It is a bit complicated, but I think that this play style could bring CM to a new level.

Sorry Jack Trap, I have to join Shadow, Splash and Michael in hijacking your thread.....

Your subject line seems to have been too much for us Canucks. I quickly clicked on it to find out about the Northwest Territories as well......mostly because I live in the NWT and long ago had decided I must be the only CM Player up here.

Any of the uberFinns out there live above 60 degrees north or am I the most northerly CM Player?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jonah:

Sorry Jack Trap, I have to join Shadow, Splash and Michael in hijacking your thread.....

Your subject line seems to have been too much for us Canucks. I quickly clicked on it to find out about the Northwest Territories as well......mostly because I live in the NWT and long ago had decided I must be the only CM Player up here.

Any of the uberFinns out there live above 60 degrees north or am I the most northerly CM Player?<hr></blockquote>

You must be the man, Jonah.

Sorry Jack - but this part is important!

Shadow,

Something makes me think CFS Alert likely has the same marginal ISP connections as the rest of the north.....makes PBEM difficult at best.

My provider goes down at least twice a year for 3 weeks to a month which is why I mainly lurk on the bulletin board and haven't played another human yet.....getting a bit stale.

Thankfully my ISP has been solid for the last week so I'm starting to catch up on CMMOS mods!

I guess we should let Jack have his thread back......anyone have comments on Jack's ideas with regard to tourneys?

(edited for my poor spelling)

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Jonah ]</p>

California!? It's -35 degrees Celsius up here today (which I think is somewhere around -30 degrees F). Clear and cold with just enough wind to cut through the first few layers of clothing.

Thankfully, my ISP is online (after being down for most of December) and my cable cable modem is burning through the CMMOS 3.0 and 3.01 lists at CMHQ as I type this.

Gordon was mentioning in another thread about how much more productive his mod making has been since cold weather hit Chicago......made me wonder how productive he would be up here?

I'd happily make room in my house for Gordon for the winter......for the greater good of the CM mod loving Community! ;)