The new king of the battlefield...... the MG !

Gentlemen ,

In one of the demo scenarios ( guess which ) my three MG teams were responsible for more than 50% of the enemy casualities. Unlike CMBO I guess it´s clever to avoid unsupported frontal infantry assaults against these killers. BTW: I recall a posting on the old TALONSOFT " Eastern Front " forum a few years ago with a strange story about a single (!) German soldier equiped with an MG-42 who defended his position against a whole sowjet infantry regiment for several days. Myth or truth ??

Cheers

Tom

[ September 02, 2002, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Tom TCMHQ ]

Yes, MGs are deadly.

In Jentz, Panzertruppen '43-45 a german report from I.Abteilung/Panzerregiment 24 states that a russian regimental attack came under flanking MG fire from five Panthers. After the attack within the perimeter of a single Panther 300 killed russians were counted.

Ouch.

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

Gentlemen ,

In one of the demo scenarios ( guess which ) my three MG teams were responsible for more than 50% of the enemy casualities. Unlike CMBO I guess it´s clever to avoid unsupported frontal infantry assaults against these killers. BTW: I recall a posting on the old TALONSOFT " Eastern Front " forum a few years ago with a strange story about a single (!) German soldier equiped with an MG-42 who defended his position against a whole sowjet infantry regiment for several days. Myth or truth ??

Cheers

Tom

Tom, enquiring minds want to know - how's the status of your site?

Will you be hosting any CMBB mods? I will have a complete demo interface conversion for you, if you are interested, and I see at least one T-34 mod and some sound and tracer mods already....

Panzer Commander (p220) has the story of Gfr. Maurer who was awarded the Knights Cross for wasting a british supply column just by himself with one loader. Hill position where he couldn't be reached very by shells and small arms fire, he only stopped when he ran out of ammo.

apex

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Tom, enquiring minds want to know - how's the status of your site?

Will you be hosting any CMBB mods? I will have a complete demo interface conversion for you, if you are interested, and I see at least one T-34 mod and some sound and tracer mods already....

Michael ,

I am sorry for all the trouble my provider caused during the last days :mad: Your interface mod( and all other goodies ) will be soon up again. And - yes - TCMHQ will definitly host CMBB stuff , so your input is always welcome ( without swastikas of course tongue.gif )

Cheers

Tom

[ September 02, 2002, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Tom TCMHQ ]