Game creation tips needed

How does one make a single objective paramount and the other objective subordinate?

Is there a way of shifting the entire map? I want to enlarge the western edge but increasing the size enlarges the eastern or northern edges only.

Is there a quick way to determine if a section of the map is impassable without driving a vehicle through it (or just gaining the experience)? I made some hills and ridges that are too steep for the tanks. Maybe a color coded map which displays movement cost could be added in a later release.

As a sub-note, how does one get engineers to blow up and clear a road block?

THX

Pford -

- there are large and small victory flags in the game. Large ones are worth 300 points, small ones 100 points. That way you can set priorities. Also, try putting more than one large flag close to each other, if you really want to make that objective count...

- see page 120 of the manual for how to enlarge/shrink the map

- when you click on a vehicle and issue a movement order, an line is drawn to the cursor. Move the cursor slowly down the route you would like your vehicle to take. If it crosses impassable terrain for that vehicle, the line will turn red.

- Road bloacks cannot be cleared. They remain for the duration of a game.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moon:

- when you click on a vehicle and issue a movement order, an line is drawn to the cursor. Move the cursor slowly down the route you would like your vehicle to take. If it crosses impassable terrain for that vehicle, the line will turn red.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This requires that the scenario be played. I was hopng for something during the map creation phase.

Thanks for the reply

Pford,

Purchase a vehicle and plop it down on the map to use it as your LOS tool. You don't have to play the game and can move the vehicle anywhere on the map. After you're finished, you can delete the vehicle. MOVE and PLACE orders are available in the editor as well.

Guest grunto

i try to keep in mind that where there are roads, the elevations shouldn't differ by more than one '1' factor. if you raise or lower by more than 1 factor the crossing between the squares becomes a 'slope' and vehicles cannot move on slope in cm. Just make sure that your roads never cross anything other than 'open ground' (single-digit elevation differences or less.

keep the same thing in mind when designing the off-road areas... if you want vehicles to be able to pass through a certain area, make sure you have a contiguous path of non-sloping terrain.

i have not experimented with 5 meter height differences. i'm sure this makes it all the more difficult to design vehicle-friendly maps.