Admiral Keth's Scenario Rating System

Rune,

Actually...I was just sitting here (heer?) coding away at this very feature. I can make it so that authors can respond to each review, if they desire. A couple of days worth of coding and testing.

The point of debate, however, is how do I validate that it is the author who is responding? This applies to either the general comment or the specific review comment option. Are we a small enough community to where this is not an important factor, or do I need to create some form of login for authors? I can capture and display IP addresses; would this be a sufficient security measure?

Keith, Congratulations chief. This thing has come a long way from that Mega Pack zip DL...LOL!!!!! A great resource for the community. It was OBVIOUSLY needed with the odd situation where all those scenario hosting sites were down at one time for several months. Great job.

Agua,

Thanks. Yeah, the ScenarioMegaPack was a bit of a misguided effort, but the resulting (and constructive) discussions which followed provided the impetus for the development of the Scenario Depot. Not to get too sappy, but your advice and encouragement made the difference when I was deciding whether or not I was simply going to fade into being just a lurker.

I work on the site nearly every day in an effort to make it a truly useful resource. I've got several projects lined up, but I would appreciate everyone's suggestions on what features they would like to see added.

I would like to add a real-time chat feature, but I'd like to know if there is any interest in this option prior to plugging it in.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agua:

Hmmmm.....Chat.... I suppose we could use another place to meet for games in addition to TH and CMHQ. Is that the purpose you had in mind?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Similar, but not the same. The example that you mentioned seemed to be Java-based. The chat forum I have is CGI-based (ChatPro 2.5). Still real-time (user-defined refresh rate) though. If these are being used and people are happier with them, then I'll devote my efforts to other endeavors.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

Similar, but not the same. The example that you mentioned seemed to be Java-based. The chat forum I have is CGI-based (ChatPro 2.5). Still real-time (user-defined refresh rate) though. If these are being used and people are happier with them, then I'll devote my efforts to other endeavors.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds interesting... I can't say I'd use it until I saw how it worked, but if it worked well, I can see a use for it

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

This sounds interesting... I can't say I'd use it until I saw how it worked, but if it worked well, I can see a use for it<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK. I went ahead and plugged it in. Everyone should kick the tires and see if they'll use it. Lotsa features. When you get to the site, click the Scenario Chat menu option.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agua:

Hmmmmm..... I tried it out, but I could not see the chat display. I chose the "frames" version. I'll try it out again when I get home. Could just be this crap browser here @ the office.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Double-Hmmm. The frames option seems to have made things go BOOOOM! Try using Standard (which means you gotta push the Reload button once in a while) or Lite. I'll fiddle with it after I get home from work.

Come to think of it, it may have gotten a wee bit confused due to the fact that behind about 6 firewalls here at work.

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: Admiral Keth ]

Hey there Admiral. Manx (and soon Rommel22) posted 2 scenarios and an operation of mine "Maltese Pack". I was wondering if you can include these on your site? Should I send them to you, or can you just dl them from Manx's site? I'd like to put them up for review. "This Town Ist Meine" is meant to be played as the Americans, and the other 2 as the Germans... Let me know. Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by themaltese:

I was wondering if you can include these on your site? Should I send them to you, or can you just dl them from Manx's site? I'd like to put them up for review. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

themaltese,

I'd be delighted to host your scenarios. Please email them to me and I'll post them (Sunday morning is my next update window).