Man guys I sure could use some help

Ok it all started I got some wild hair up my a$$ that I needed a larger HD. So I go get one, god I never thought I would have all these problems.

Installing HD was no problems but reinstalling everything sure is.

I am about 2 steps from throwing this piece of $hit right out the window and going and getting another.

List of Problems

1. Mic no longer works, (I really need this because this is the only way my father and I talk with one another). Would this be hardware or software related and any suggestions ?

2. Speakers aren't working correctly, which is my fault, because I have lost SB disk. How can I get another, or can I go to a web site and DL what I need?

3. Finally Burner drive is not recognizing cd, drivers and software have been added, Burner/DVD is master CD-rom is slave.

I turn to you the greatest bunch of web guys in all the land.

Are you sure that the microphone and speakers are hooked up to the correct jacks ? Typically a 'red/pink' colored jack will be the microphone, while the black and/or green jacks will be the speaker outputs (often green will be the front channels while black will be the rear channels). If you have a much older sound card it may not be using this color scheme to easily differentiate the outputs/inputs.

Do you know which SoundBlaster audio card that you have ? You can get most of the drivers from Creative's website, but you'll need to know the model and/or CTxxxx number of your soundcard (the CTxxxx number can usually be found in silkscreen near the top edge of the soundcard).