Adding mod files (info pls)

dd

Newbie to CMBO & CMBB (just took delivery of US bundle pack - yippee).

Questions:

Are MODs such as sound and terrain useable between both CMBO and CMBB?

Ditto for vehicles and such like.

IF so:

Where can they be obtained from where they are clearly differentiated between. (So not combatmission.com)

IS there a Mod manager program ala CC's Config Manager (Auto install and remove MOD files)?

Does this work for both CMBO and CMBB, or is there a seperate one for each?

Any good site URLs appreciated (other than CMHQ, CM Outpost and Toms).

dd,

At least some of the terrain elements can be swapped. I'm using my favorite roads, rivers and train track sets from CMBO in CMBB. You can always save the originals, try them and see if they work. I haven't tried moving the other way, from CMBB to CMBO, but the higher resolutions might cause problems.

The vehicles in CMBB have more complex (and better looking) models underneath, so they use more .bmp's and can't be swapped. Although I'm sure some of the talented modders will be using some of those great CMBO mods as a starting point for new CMBB mods fairly soon.

I haven't noticed if the sounds are saved in the same format, but you should be able convert them fairly easily it they're not.

As for places to get the mods for CMBB, Tom's has one of the largest selections out there right now. I think the larger file sizes and resulting band width problems when all us modsluts download the newest PZKW II mod are keeping the number of mod hosting sites down at this point. Best way to find new ones is to follow this forum and see what crops up.

As for Mod managers, CMMOS and all the associated downloads over at CMHQ are the only way to go for CMBO. (Unless you have a MAC.) It has not been setup for CMBB yet, but I'm sure that must be in the works by now.

One place to be sure and visit is The Scenario Depot. Plenty of new scenarios for both CMBB and CMBO are showing up all the time.

Welcome to CM and prepare to say goodbye to friends and family.

Carl

Well, if its half as good as MTW i might even be convinced to donate some of the 50gb/month bandwidth on my site.

Thx for the info o the models - i didnt know that - ill ahve a play around with the sound files and terrain etc