Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Install is impossible - please assist me

I have CMBB (european version) and I´ve played it some 6 months ago on my PC. Then I uninstalled it, but recently I felt in the mute once again.

But: I cant install it on my pc this time.

When the setup starts, the install-windows pop ups, fine. And the actual install proces then starts just fine, even trough the WinRar-part (bmp-files)...but shortly after this (while installing wave.exe-file) the install-process stops, the clock starts to show more and more time remaining, the cd spins down...every time the exact same place in the install proces.....and even if I just let it be for some 30 minutes, nothing happens (well, some times it automatically

starts the installionprocess from scratch once again..).

I´ve tried to copy the entire setup.exe-file to my harddrive, but a few minutes in the proces it just stops.

And I´ve tried to clean my cd and so forth.

What can I do? Is my CD completely ruined or is there some way to install the game ?

Thanks for helping.......

Has anything changed much since the last time you installed CMBB on this system (new hardware, etc.) ?

I suggest turning off any anti-virus programs you may have running. Also shut down as many processes/utilities that may be running in the background as possible to make sure nothing is interfering with the install. I also suggest running a disk check to make sure that there aren't any file system problems. Empty out anything in your Temporary folder (depending on which Windows version you're running this may be in a different location than you're expecting).

If necessary you may want to unplug any USB devices or possibly disable some hardware (from the Device Manager) temporarily.

CM2 CD-ROM's by CDV get damaged very quickly. If there's a scratch that the drive can't correct you're CD-ROM can't be used for installations anymore. As well my own as well friend's CDs had this problem. I bought some reserve CD-ROMs (price went down to 5 euros at our local toy-store).