Intro music mod

Russian Red Army Choir singing The Battle Hymn of the Republic (Glory, Glory !) (in English)

In mp3 format to save time and bandwidth and will need to be converted to 44100hz 16-bit wav file to use in CMBB.

Right click and 'save as...' or just click to check it out in your default mp3 program.

Glory mp3 - 1.1mb

The full wav comes in at about 12.4mb once converted ( the CMBB original is just over 10mb

I also have a version of them singing the same song but in Russian

The full wav comes in at about 12.4mb once converted ( the CMBB original is just over 10mb). Didnt really want to take up all that webspace at the mod database just for an intro music ..... but i can/will if anybody wants it

Lou2000

Lou... I'm curious, why the Battle Hymn of the Republic (in English, whatever) as an intro for CMBB ?

My personal choice for CCMB is the Red Army Chorus singing the Soviet National anthem, but I wouldn't use that for intro music to "Gettysburg" !!

Or am I missing something ?

Originally posted by Hertston:

Lou... I'm curious, why the Battle Hymn of the Republic (in English, whatever) as an intro for CMBB ?

My personal choice for CCMB is the Red Army Chorus singing the Soviet National anthem, but I wouldn't use that for intro music to "Gettysburg" !!

Not missing anything ... whilst it is sung in English it has a certain Russian sound to it ... (and i dont just mean the accented english) ... and if we are talking about song origins, well the tune to the 'Star Spangled Banner' is taken from an old English drinking song ! tongue.gif

The Star Spangled Banner” was written in 1814, inspired by the British bombardment of Fort McHenry during the War of 1812. It was adopted as the United States’ official national anthem more than a century later, in 1931. Some people have complained that it focuses too much on war and is too hard to sing. Ironically, the melody originated as a British drinking song!

There is already an intro music mod available that is taken from Shogun total war ... and CM is hardly about samurai !

In the end it is personal choice ... listen to it and if you dont like it then dont use it ! smile.gif

Lou2000

Glad you like it .........

You need to load the mp3 up into an audio editor ... there are lots of commercial and freeware packages that can convert audio file formats..............

I used this freeware package

Audacity

But you will need a seperate mp3 codec installed

MP3 codec

Save the file as a 44100hz 16-bit wav file and it should work no problem.

Let me know if you have any problems - i do have the full wav file available but didnt think may people would want a 12mb download !

Lou2000

The tune was originally a camp-meeting hymn "Oh brothers, will you meet us on Canaan's happy shore?" It evolved into John Brown's Body. Then in 1861 Julia Ward Howe wife of a government official, wrote a poem for Atlantic Monthly for five dollars. The magazine called it, Battle Hymn of the Republic. The music may be by William Steffe.

Originally posted by Hertston:

--------------------------------------------

I love "Artillerymen, Stalin gave an order" -

in Russian of course :)