WBW - Elsdorf (borh versions) briefing bug - or typo.

I just finished a blind PBEM game of Elsdorf, and drew as the Americans. It was very balanced (and it was version 1.00)! It has been the most fun in a PBEM game I have had so far!

One complaint: The briefing says this is a "Meeting Engagment" so I decided to rush forward with some of my bazoocas and arty, and wait for the germans...

MINOR SPOILER

And how surprised I was to find german pillboxes, AT guns and bunkers waiting for me in the village! What the hell, wasnt this an ME?

In the AAR, it says "Allied Attacker" and "Axis Defender". I suspect the briefing should mention this scenario as an assault or allied attack...version 2.0 didnt correct this either.

Epée

I understand your frustration. Actually Epee, it is both. It is an Allied attack against German defensive positions with a strong counterattack being mounted at the same time.

It was kinda hard to put in there "Meeting engagement around enemy defensive postions with a strong parallel counterattack."

Not every battle will fit neatly into those two categories.

Sorry I misled you. I have a mean streak like that eek.gif !

I'll try to figure out a new way to word it...WB

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Ditto, i was also surpized to find german bunkers and dug in positions , just figured it was a typo , no problem . When reporting it to the ladder i believe it should be reported as an american attack , because of dug in positions , and it also list germans as defender and americans as attacker on the page when no unit is selected.