I was surprised...

I was playing a 700 point QB as the Allies and had bought two platoons of Veteran '43B infantry. During setup, I discovered that one of the platoon commanders was a Crack unit with double combat and double stealth modifiers. The rest of the platoon was composed of veterans. I was really surprised. That platoon really kicked kraut butt!! :cool:

Another thing that was really cool to see was near the end game I ordered one of my green tanks (a T34/85 Model 1944) around some trees to engage a kraut MG42 that was covering a flag and when the krauts saw the tank a group of five or six infantry units jumped up and ran for the hills! This was one time when I wished I had the death sounds mod installed. Way cool! :D

Originally posted by Sytass:

Hm, did the Soviets call us Krauts, too? :rolleyes:

I seem to recall from War and Peace that a popular term at that time (still 140 years later?) was "sausage makers". smile.gif

LOL Not sure. Kraut just seems nicer than Nazi. It was a fun battle because my comrades did a number on those sausage makers. tongue.gif

Originally posted by busboy:

I think that experience is now sort of an average...I selected some green infantry in a quick battle the other day and a few squads came out conscript.

I wonder if date effects that as well?

I don't have the maual with me but from what I remember a certain % of your troops will be one exp catagory higher and the same % one exp catagory lower. Its pot luck on who gets the bump.

rv