CMMOS problem and Winter Allied Textures

I have just bought CMBO and am really enjoying it and thought I'd play around with some of the mods.

I am currently playing the scenario 'One Long Cold Day' as Allied and am trying to apply the Allied Snow covered textures using CMMOS but these don't appear to work. However if I apply the standard US and Free non-winterised textures these do change the vehicle textures in the scenario :-(

The units in the scenario are marked as Allied so I am confused. Can anyone supply help with this ?

Cheers

v 1.12 CMBO, v 3.00 CMMOS

First, it sounds like you don't have the winter textures installed for the vehicles in that scenario. It would be most helpful if you could upgrade to CMMOS v3.01, try your test again and then e-mail me a copy of the file CMMOSLog.txt from within the CMMOS installation folder.

Thanks,

Gordon "gordonemolek@earthlink.net"

Originally posted by Puffer Fish:

I have just bought CMBO and am really enjoying it and thought I'd play around with some of the mods.

I am currently playing the scenario 'One Long Cold Day' as Allied and am trying to apply the Allied Snow covered textures using CMMOS but these don't appear to work. However if I apply the standard US and Free non-winterised textures these do change the vehicle textures in the scenario :-(

The units in the scenario are marked as Allied so I am confused. Can anyone supply help with this ?

Cheers

v 1.12 CMBO, v 3.00 CMMOS

What you should do is send an e-mail to gordonemolek@earthlink.net. You need to give him an exact description of what you mean by "don't appear to work". Are the winter textures covered by the winter allied ruleset installed ? There aren't, by any chance, some folders that have crept into your CMBO BMP folder unawares (it happens) ? What happens when you press one of the icons ? What happens when you press the apply button ? If you haven't gotten any telltale error messages from either of these actions, go to the GEM Software productions folder, go into the CMMOS folder, and make a copy of the log and send it to Gordon with your question.

It is also sometimes possible to diagnose and/or solve a CMMOS problem simply by reading the part of that log that pertains to the buttons you were trying to click. If you aren't sure what that is, try clicking all the texture buttons you're having problems with, then go look at the log. The activity that shows up at the end is the program reacting to the buttons you did or did not push. That information can often be illuminating.

Hi Gordon,

I tried to mail you the file at that address before posting here but it bounced with a user unknown. Can you check it for me. Alternativeley mail me with an alternative address at and I'll mail the file there

(pufferfish@pogball.fsnet.co.uk)

I'm about to upgrade CMMOS now, so I'll see if that helps.

With regards to details in a post, I usually like to test the water to see if it is an well known 'oh just do this' before getting it depth. Seems it's not one of those :-(