CMBB passed my promised first tankgunnery test !!!

TSword

Hurrah !

As i promised my first action after firing up CMBB was to test longrange tank duels betw. KT and JS-2. (Well, i was quite optimistic after the Demo already)

I did setup a JS-2 waiting in the open 1250 m from a KT hunting into hulldown covered by a ridge at first.

Expected result: No long Dingdong shooting for turns without end

Actual result: JS-2 discovered KT first and fired almost immediately (KT discovered JS-2 in that instant) JS-2 missed. KT returns fire and misses.

KT got off 2 other shots of which 1st hit the gun (no damage), 2nd hit the upper Hull of JS-2 and shrugged off the angled armor there. JS-2 fired a second one shortly before end of turn which missed. Next round KT 1st shot again hits upper hull to no avail. KT then killed JS-2 with one through the turret front resulting in a brew up.

2nd shot of KT was already a hit (One expects second to fourth with high probability under such ideal circumstences). All subsequent shots were hits also.

In a second test: KT executed bracketing, first short, second long, third kill

Terrain: absolutely flat and open only two little ridges to hide

Weather/Wind: No Wind, warm, dry, clear

Crews: Regular

Execution: Hotseat with EFOW, only command given to KT, Hunt command to crest ridge to enter LOS to JS-2.

Though i did only two tests i'm completely satisfied the way longrange gunnery works now in principle.

CONGRATULATIONS TO STEVE AND HIS TEAM !!!

:D

Cheers

Daniel

[ September 20, 2002, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: TSword ]

Captian Whacky, firing on the move now is almost not worth the ammo. Its very hard to hit anything unless you are stationary, though optics do help smile.gif .

Btw, anyone wanting to see optics in action should play Kurson Relief as the Russians. I wont give out any spoilers, buts its great fun smile.gif

Dan

PS Thanks Tom, hehe.

[ September 20, 2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Captian Whacky, firing on the move now is almost not worth the ammo. Its very hard to hit anything unless you are stationary, though optics do help smile.gif .

Btw, anyone wanting to see options in action should play Kurson Relief as the Russians. I wont give out any spoilers, buts its great fun smile.gif

Dan

Hi Dan

Did you mean.....

"Btw, anyone wanting to see optics in action "

smile.gif

-tom w