Not Happy.

SMALL SPOILER WARNING.

Dont get much time to do play cmbb.

Decided to start a operation that I could keep ticking over for a while. Decided to go for 21st Army Counter Attacks. I choose this because the briefing specificaly states that the scenario is best played as the allies against the AI.

My arse.

First battle, attacking up hill against entrenched enemy, that would seem to fit the Human versus AI bill, but NO. 20 or so turns later I have advanced all the way up the map and have overwhelmed the enemy with little infact no difficulty. It was a peice of piss. Im not boasting, Im dissapointed by this outcome. Anyone could have done it. Too late I realized that who had ever writen the briefing had advised on the wrong side make up. The human in this scenario should obviously take axis.

So thats my one chance to spend an evening this week playing cmbb ruined.

A great addition to the patch in my opinion would be a small text file that just gave out the best way to play the scenarios on the disk, e.g. which ones are ment for PBEM/TCP or Human v AI etc, and also details about what side to pick etc. Anyway just felt the need for a mini rant.

Just as a friendly note, I just want to mention that this particular scenario gets increasingly more difficult as you advance over enemy lines, because of an increse in the density of troops as you push into enemy territory to which they are sending troops to try to halt your advance, it is decieving and I can understand your frustration with this, but keep plugging at that operation you will see what I mean smile.gif

No idea about that scenario, yet I'm in complete agreement that it seems like a great waste for scenario designers to go to all that effort and then fail to tell us which side to play vs AI, (if indeed it's suitable vs AI).

Kudos to those designers who specify exactly what the intention is, ("meant for PBEM, or take Allied vs AI, with AI + 50% ), and one scenario I found which contained a separate version just for single player, ("Haunted Hill").

Eden

Well, I advanced to the very top of the map in the first battle. It didnt scroll so for the rmaining battles the AI only had about 20 m ti deploy in. That was a laugh.

Realy its a shame the scenario dseigner puts in all the effort to make this sceanrio, nice map etc etc then shoots themselves in the foot by advising that the human takes the wrong side (allies) in the briefing. I could give the AI a bonus but now I've played it it will have lost all of its potwential for surprise so why bother.