Request for higher/variable value VP flags

I enjoy playing around with scenario design, and one thing I'd like to see in a subsequent patch is some way to have victory point locations that are worth more than the 300 points of a large flag. Sometimes a piece of terrain is vital enough (a commanding hilltop, strategic crossroads, or mountain pass) that it would be nice to be able to make it worth more than 300 points (i.e., the value of a mere 2-3 decent tanks) in the game score. I'd like to see "huge" flags worth 600 points-- or even more!

This capability would be useful even in more mundane situations, when an attacker fulfills his orders and "captures the flag" but can quite easily find he has lost more VP's in units than he gained for the territory. Sometimes this is fine (cost vs. benefit and all that); other times I think you'd want to be able to reward success more generously.

It would be *really* slick if the flag value could be made variable (i.e, values set by the user, or perhaps picked from a menu) and accessable either through the Quick Battle generator or from the scenario maker. I could see this as an interesting variable to play around with even in QB's-- "flag fixation" (i.e., making one valuable enough to take it at all costs) might be a nice option to be able to foster under certain circumstances.

I have no idea how tough this would be to implement-- or if I'm the only one to even care about it. :rolleyes: Any seconds to the motion?

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Um, couldn't you just add more flags?

You can, but it's not graphically attractive. One flag looks like a military objective-- a cluster (say, three large and one small, to make a 1000 VP objective) looks more like a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey poster after a kids' birthday party.