Objectives Based Mission. Do you want to try?

Okay I have started making this really unique scenario but I want some feedback on who would actually download it so I don't waste my time. I just got the game.

Okay here is the first one:

FICTIONAL

Date: Midnight,June 2, 1944

Place: Vierderet Airfield, Northern France.

Your briefing: (In a snotty English accent)

Attention soldier! We have a very important mission for you and your men. We have received news that at Verderet Airfield in France a new elite Me-262 squadron made up of Knight's Cross holders will be transferred there. As you know, our invasion will come within a few days and these planes and pilots are better than anything we have. They will surely devastate our beach landings so you must accomplish these objectives tonight with your crack Commando unit.

1. Destroy all 6 88mm Flak guns and all 4 20mm guns.

2. Blow up the fuel and ammo depots so the planes can't run.

3. Kill or capture the German garrison commander, SS General Von Brizee. He is inspecting the troops for the day and staying overnight. Von Brizee is a defensive genius and a known war criminal.

4.Knock out the German communicatons pillbox.

5. Escape to the west side of the field where you will be hidden by French resistance until our ground forces meet you in a few days.

If you accomplish this, these air defenses will be knocked out and will allow our planes to bomb this airfield into oblivion. If they are left standing, the crack crews will annhilate our planes and the men in the comms bunker will vector in the Me-262's. The supply stations must also be destroyed to hinder all repair efforts and to keep the planes on the ground. Killing SS General Von Brizee will make the ground troop's task much easier in the future.

-Intelligence-

Reports indicate that the airfield and surrounding village are being held by Von Brizee's crack SS outfit, somewhere between platoon and company size. Also in the area are Luftwaffe ground crew who should not give you any trouble. The main garrison force is made up of Russian POW's pressed into German service, who should be eager to surrender to your men. You must work fast in this mission, for German reinforcements will be coming in ever faster. A strong SS armored force will be arriving from the road in the East sometime later. You will have French resistance forces arrive on that same road shortly before the Germans do so they can set up an ambush. They are very inexperienced and poorly led but numerous. Do not depend on them to stop the Germans, but merely hold them up. Axis reinforcements will be trickling in from all sides as the battle progresses, thus, time is of the essence. French resistance fighters will be arriving sporadically, as will Commandos that were scattered in the airdrop. Goodnight soldier, and move out! For King and Country!

NOTES:

You are to play as the Allies. You will be given an elite battalion of British commandos. Since this is an airdrop, you will mostly have light weapons and rifle teams, very little support. The German ground crew will be green, the Russian POW's will be conscript, and all SS troops will be veteran, elite, or crack. French troops will be regular, green, or conscript with veteran leaders. The fuel and ammo depots will be the only GREEN wooden bunkers, they should not be too tough. The communications building will be the only CRACK concrete pillbox. Von Brizee will be the SS Battalion Commander. The AA guns are self explanatory. Once you complete all your objectives, you must exit the map on the designated side with at least half of your HQ's intact. The Germans will be much stronger than you in this mission, but it is night and u start out strong. You must work very fast since reinforcements for them will come faster than yours. The map will be Huge so you have a lot of ground to cover. You will have 80 turns.

If you complete all the stated objectives and get out, you win. You do not need to rout the enemy or secure terrain.

Does anyone want me to finish this?

I am also doing two other mission based games to be played as the Germans, which I will do if the above mission generates enough interest.

One will be based on the novel/movie The Eagle Has Landed, where u have a German crack paratroop outfit that must kill Churchill. The other will be a long convoy of Allied supplies moving through a forest road which the Germans must ambush.

sure Send it on over... I'd like to see it myself... might influence me to try an make a few like em smile.gif I think making a few based on movies would be great... Like maybe a larger scale mission similar to something the dirty dozen would do... smile.gif

Heh my email adress is: Demangel@realvamp.zzn.com

------------------

BTW I use Cm to train myself for my assualt on hell after I die... heh I mean damn, if you gotta go there might as well try at least once to take over right?

-Demangel