Effects of Winter Camo Detrimental On Play?

I've been playing around with winter camo mods for men and vehichles and I have to say the camo works. Maybe too well!

I can easily see missing a chance to stomp on an enemy because *I* can't see them even though my units technically can and they can see me. Although the units will defend themselves, it's not the same as a coordinate effort to take an enemy out.

I was wondering what the thought is out there on winter camo. If I'm playing someone in snow who doesn't have winter camo on MY units, my units will be highly visible against the white background.

If on the other hand, I have winter camo on their units, I'll miss opportunities to nail them.

While this makes the camo more realistic, IMHO it's also gamey because it gives me more of a fog of war than an opponent.

There is no effect of the particular graphics you are using on FOW, only on your own ability to see what's on the computer screen in front of you. The graphics you use are not the ones that your PBEM opponent sees, and vice versa. And as far as I know, the uniform mods have no influence on the AI either. So, if you like how the winter mods look, use 'em. If you find you don't see what you want to see, don't use 'em. Or else keep the bases on all the time, and get the best of both worlds. wink.gif

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"