Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Can infantry fall off vehicles?

This is just so bizarre that the only thing that makes sense is that the soldiers fell off the tank....

I had a Sherman moving up well behind the front lines and behind a hill and the enemy's dangerous bits were all smoked in. The Sherman, regular and unbuttoned, was giving a ride to a regular bazooka team, which had orders to disembark at some point.

The Sherman started descending a fairly steep slope (but still traversable), and the bazooka team went cautious. Then, all of a sudden, the bazooka team was dismounted and shaken. There was no enemy fire anywhere near the area I watched for it very, very carefully, many, many times. It was broad daylight, so no friendly fire.

The only thing that makes any sense is that the bazooka team went cautious as it lost its balance, then was shaken as it fell off. Yes? No?

If the unit that fired on your bazooka or tank was not spotted you would not see anything and firing units can definitely remain unspotted.

The fact that the bazooka team was "alerted" at first definitely seems to suggest that they were under some kind of fire.

M.

I once read an account where soldiers on the back of a tank got hit badly by mortar frags. Some were hit and fell on the back of the tank with neck wounds. The intake system of the tank was clogged from the gushing blood. The engine stalled and most guys fell off when it lurched to a stop in gear. The driver frantically tried to start the tank again. The exhaust system spritzed out pink spray till the engine caught. I forget what kind of tank it was.