Mega Tournament: Steel Horizons..Need Volunteers

Ok,

I need some volunteers for a mega tournament. Me and the first five of you that respond will be the referees. Now, for the next three months we will put together scenarios spanning from March-April 1945...Now, this is going to be a very complex tourney when it gets up and going..but that wont be for some time yet.

We will create a bunch of scenarios for a certain deadline. Now I dont know how you run a traditional tourney, but this baby is going to be complex. We as a team will put together a map of Germany and a large defensive plan for certain areas. As players join the tourney depending on their rank, they will be given command and asigned to a certain sector of the front. Then, depending on the units assigned to that sector, he (the player in that sector) will be issued with units of that type and from that division etc. They will also recieve reserves etc. We will take into account everything: i.e. supplies and other stuff. In other words, the allied side of the tourney, who is ever"Surpreme Commander" of the allied side will be able to dictate his own strategy based on the make believe map of the sections in Germany. So it will be very complicated. Many more details to come........

so who wants to be a ref?

steelhorizons.gif

Disclaimer: Refs dont just add up the scores and see who wins in the end. For the next few weeks or months we will be incharge of organising this entire thing: I.e. putting to gether scenarios, OOBs and other bits. This should be entirely fictional except maybe some of the OOBs. This is going to be one hell of a MEGA CAMPAGN TOURNAMENT and its both damn you...BOTH! The official name of the tournament is STEEL HORIZONS

--Niles Hirschi

Volunteer Now!

[ January 29, 2002, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Fieldmarshall ]