If you build it, will they come?

Mapmaking question: If you put a flag on the map, does the game AI interpret that as the goal? I mean, will the opposing forces automatically head towards the flag and try to conquer and hold the area around the flag? I am trying to get something accomplished in a map but preliminary testing was with more than one flag...should I use only one? I'd appreciate any and all comments.

hey buddy, I made a map it had one primary and two secondary flags... north and south map edges were neutral and naturaly the other sides belonged to the forces there. after playing with map layout with roads and so on (thanks germanboy) it seemed the AI had a permanant holiday it just sits there.. I found it doesnt matter how many flags you have or maybe its where they are positioned? hmm na ja if I played the Ami's the germans acted very slow and only aimed for secondary objectives (wierd) as I played the germans the Ami's attacked as normal but held back almost a whole company of troops and support vehicles. I think I solved the problem.. I made three sides Axis and one side of the map Allies. now the germans attack like the devil and so do the Ami's.

I wish or hope there is a upcomming online book or something to buy on defining map making, the brief descriptions in the handbook that came with the game are one can say.. limited in description.

if it doesn't work as single player you can always opt to make it a PBEM only.

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 07-26-2000).]