Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Exit Scenario Bug

I was playing around with Grog Dorosh’s “Lion of Gibraltar” scenario (an exit scenario) and I noticed something unusual. It seems that infantry units that are to be exited for points don’t get any credit if they exit as passengers on vehicles. I found this out when on the first turn, I loaded everything on trucks and exited, only to see that I earned –84 (yep, that’s negative) exit points, even though everybody got off safely.

I tried a test scenario and still found it to be true. Interestingly, it appears that towed weapons that exit do get credit. This isn’t the way it’s supposed to work, is it? Is this something that can be fixed in the next patch?

Ace

It was true for the small test scenario I put together. I even went back and tried it in CMBO and it seems to be the case there as well.

For now, it appears that the only work around is to pause your vehicles at the map edge, unload and then exit everything. Not exactly an ideal solution, especially if you expect to be under fire.

Does BFC have any comments on this issue?

Exit scenarios have a couple of bugs. Thanks for pointing this one out, I've played around with exit scenarios quite a bit and never noticed the loaded infantry bug.

The Destroy already exited units with HE is also a big exit scenario bug.

Too bad really because exit scenarios can be really interesting.

I'll do one tonight and send it.

It will feature the magically reappearing crews that come back on the map after their off-map vehicle is destroyed. Really had me baffled for a while because I was sure I'd exited those HTs. Then I noticed there wasn't even a wreck near the map edge but just 8 broken crews.

I first noticed it in CMBO when I was designing the "ToD:Chambois" scenario. I noticed it again recently when playing "Probo..(whatever)" from the CMBB CD.