Lock up question

My system locks up when playing(and only when playing so far) Clash of Eagles. I have no clue as to why, as I never get lockups due to graphics in other games or on other maps. Any advice appreciated, as I'd like to get through more than 3 turns of this battle.

System specs:

450 AMDK6

32 MB Ati Rage 128 card

128 MB Ram

over 2 gigs free on HD

Also, why can't I win battles that require exiting as a victory condition? I can take all objectives, decimate the enemy, move most of my men off the map, and still get a tactical victory for the enemy as a result.

If your video card is an AGP card, then try going into your BIOS and set the Aperture to the smallest setting (4MB, I believe). On larger maps with many units, I would get complete system lockups (especially with smoke turned on). Schrullenhaft's suggestion in other threads to adjust the AGP Aperture setting seems to have solved this problem for me (knock on plastic).

Nice work, Schrully. Would be nice to see some of his (and other's) suggestions put into a FAQ for reference.

BTW, in general, having DX7 along with the latest reference drivers for your video card, sound card, and even mouse is usually recommended when running CM. Seems to solve lots of probs.

Click on the unit and hit Enter. If the unit has 'Should Exit for Points' in the window, then it will give you more points when exited. If it doesn't, then it won't give you the points. Also, if any of your units with the 'Should Exit for Points' message are killed, your opponent gets double the points; once for the kill and once for preventing it from escaping.

Good luck.

- Chris

[This message has been edited by Wolfe (edited 07-20-2000).]