CMBB: Amphibians?

c3k

Gents,

I've got another question for BTS (or any Beta testers): are the Soviet T-37/T-38/T-40 _amphibious_ light tanks going to be included? (Approx. 3,000 total produced.) These were, of course, Soviet light reconnaisance tanks which were _amphibious_.

Surely their _amphibious_ movement capabitility will be modelled. Or will we have to have some sort of uber-grog debate post release? (Note my unrelenting emphasis on the _amphibious_ nature of these tanks.)

Thanks guys.

Ken "_amphibious_ sounds funny if you say it enough"

Marlow,

Excellent link. Thanks.

I'd have to dig deeper, but glancing at my ASL chapter H gives the production figure of approx. 2,500 combined T-37/T-38 and 220 of the T-40.

(Yes, I have other sources. Given time, I could dig through them to get production figures, but I do not doubt that the ASL figures are at least in the ball-park.)

Ken

Thanks for the link Marlow!

Interesting stuff, although these "tanks" seem to be more like up-armored MG carriers. Still, for recon they would be perfect.

t40s.jpg

Now I know where the idea for the design of the BMP came from smile.gif

EDIT: On second thought, it looks more like a BTR on tracks!

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: The Commissar ]</p>

Does anyone know if there has been any "official" word from BTS on amphibious capability of some vehicles in CMBB???

Its a good question?

Has it been covered in the CMBB FAQ?

(I don't think so)

At this point it would be my GUESS that because CMBB is being written using the engine code from CMBO as the foundation, that amphibious capability will not be included in CMBB, but, I would be more than happy to be proven WRONG. smile.gif

-tom w

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The Commissar:

Now I know where the idea for the design of the BMP came from smile.gif

EDIT: On second thought, it looks more like a BTR on tracks!

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: The Commissar ]<hr></blockquote>

I'm thinking maybe BMD

bmd-1-s.jpg

or maybe PT-76

pt76-s.jpg

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Marlow ]</p>